Music Copyright Licensing Information, Music Industry Resources, Songwriting Resources, from RanchStudio.com
Everyone who is involved in music needs help sooner or later with copyrights, music licensing, songwriting and publishing. Here is an excellent collection of resources to help you!
"How do I license and get permission to record someone else's song?"
- Copyright Your Music, (great overview)
- Using Cover Songs LEGALLY
- Mechanical Licensing How-To
- Harry Fox Agency
To find out who owns a copyright, contact.....
To apply for a copyright, contact.....
To learn more about Copyrights.....
- Circle C, Circle P: The Two Copyrights in Music
- The Basics of Copyright
- The Music Law office
- Copyright & Fair Use (Stanford University Library)
- Kohn on Music Licensing
- Library of Congress
- U.S. Copyright Office
Copyright law resources.....
- American Songwriter Magazine
- Great American Song Contest
- International Songwriters Association
- Nashville Songwriters Assocation International
- Seth Jackson's Songwriting and Music Business Page
- SongLink International - An industry resource for music publishers and songwriters
- Songwriters Guild of America
- Songwriters Resource Network
Music Industry Resources.....
- Hollywood Reporter - Music listings
- The Music Business Journal
- Music Educators National Conference
- National Academy Of Recording Arts And Sciences (NARAS) (U.S.)
- National Association of Recording Merchandisers (U.S.)
- Pollstar - Online tour information
- RIAA - Recording Industry Association of America
- The Texas Music Office
- Music Business Contracts for instant download
Music Industry Organizations.....
- AES- Audio Engineering Society
- ASCAP: The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- CMA World- Country Music Association
- H.E.A.R. | Hearing Education and Awareness for Rockers
- NAB- National Association of Broadcasters
- Recording Industry Association of America
- SPARS- The Society of Professional Audio Recording Services
These links are provided for their educational value. Our link to any company or organization is not an endorsement of their products. We have not checked every single page on these sites for their accuracy or their content, nor have we checked the links to other web sites that these companies have made available. If you should find anything on any of these sites that is objectionable or technically inaccurate, please bring it to our attention as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions, search the sites listed, and you may need to consult a copyright attorney. Brian Konzelman or Back at the Ranch cannot provide legal information or opinions regarding your legal rights or responsibilities involved in the reproducing or use of music. Be sure to research and file copyrights and/or licensing for any audio that you will be recording.
Visit these links to other pages at RanchStudio.com.....
- Recording Studio Virtual Tour
- Meet Brian
- Rates and services
- Helpful Links
- Audio Technology Studies, Recording Studio School info
- Christian Recording Studio
- Contact us
Share this info with your friends! click on one of the social network icons below.....